December 24, 2008

Update - Gina and twins

Greetings Friends and Family,

First off, I want to say thanks for all your prayers!

We've had so much support from people all over the country. I sent an email out to friends and family and that email was then forwarded on to their friends and family. My phone number was on the email and I've received a dozen calls or so from strangers across the country saying they were praying for us.

For those who have not heard, Gina was discharged by her doctor on Saturday to remain on bedrest. The other group of perinatalogists (the ones we don't trust) tried to have her discharged earlier, without consulting her physician first. She's been resting since she's been home and taking oral antibiotics.

We went to see Dr. Chavira yesterday and could see both babies were alive with solid heartbeats. Baby B had only 1.4 cm of fluid in his sac, while Baby A had around 6 cm. Next week she will go back for a more in-depth ultrasound with measurements and so forth. Gina will, then, be readmitted to St Joseph's the first week of January so the babies can receive steroids to increase growth in their lungs. She'll remain there until the babies are delivered. I've been told that this time will be very trying on our family. With two little ones at home I will definitely have my hands full! I'm still trying to figure out how I'll be able to visit her during her stay. It's all really overwhelming right now, as you can imagine! Having had the last two weeks of December off from work, has helped quite a bit.

It's all a very humbling experience and has increased our trust and dependence on God. One lady from San Diego sent us a relic of St Gerard Majella, after hearing from a priest friend in New Jersey. We've been praying for St Gerard's intercession from day one and hope that he will obtain the miracle we ask for. But, again, we are willing to accept whatever God has planned for our babies. We completely submit to His Will.

Thanks again for your prayers. We'll continue to keep you in ours. Fortunately, Gina has been able to receive the Blessed Sacrament every day, since she's been home. I also want to thank your for remembering Gina and the babies in your intentions at Mass.

God bless you this Christmas. I hope the Infant Child brings much peace and happiness to you and your family.

Ryan

1 comment:

  1. Hi there - this is one of Gina's old high school friends. Please send my good thoughts to Gina. I'm just starting my 13th week of bed rest and yes...it is a big challenge for a family. But not impossible! I'll send her a note separately, but just wanted to send good vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete