February 05, 2009

Borrowed Time

Today my nurse mentioned that this unit where I've been living is mainly for multiples, ruptures, contractions and bleeders. Great, I'm all of the above. And I've been here longer than any of the other current multiples, ruptures, contractions or bleeders. I don't know if I should feel proud or worried. Worried that we're not going to be able to get away this much longer. We'd like to milk it for at least another 4-5 weeks.

I did have some more bleeding yesterday, which turned into lots of contractions by evening - some of them very strong and only 3-5 minutes apart. The nurses kept asking me about my pain, on a scale from 1 t0 10 with annoying corresponding smiley faces. It wasn't the physical discomfort that was bothering me so much as the disappointment in that I was probably going to deliver very soon. The bleeding didn't last very long, and once the nurse administered some terbutaline the contractions stopped as well. I can have up to two doses of the terb within 12 hours, but it may not always work as well as it did last night.

The babies are happy as clams. They tolerated the contractions just fine, no decrease in their heart rates. An ultrasound this morning show they're just as cute as ever (they get that from their Dad).


And a hearty "Hip Hip Hooray!" to Fr. Jim Wall for his appointment by Pope Benedict XVI as the new bishop of Gallup, NM.

One more thing: this baby is super cute.

4 comments:

  1. Gina,
    I write this as I have just heard the news of the boys coming tonight.
    You are all in our prayers.
    God be with you all,
    Nancie
    2/8/09

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina and Ryan,
    You both have been a tremendous witness and blessing to the Catholic Community of Phoenix, may Our Blessed Mother keep your 4 children under the mantle of her protection!
    Always
    Dr Chavira

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't know either you or Ryan, but have been having updates from some of my friends up at St Tim's ~ I live in Green Valley, and have had you and the family and those adorable bitty babies on the Prayer Chain I started for Our Lady of the Valley Catholic Church down here.
    I was a parishioner at St Tim's since Day One, until I moved here a little over a year ago. I
    continue to be in touch with my friends at St Tim's and also Wendy Wood. will continue to keep you folks on the Prayer Chain. God Bless your sweet little family.
    Rachel Anair

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ikers!

    You are all in the prayers of the Xavier Community! Love to all.
    Stephanie Brugger

    ReplyDelete