June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

The Iker boys love their Daddy! They watch out the window for him to come home, and wrestle him to the carpet the moment he enters the door. John Paul has taken to dressing like him; yesterday he said to me, "Look, Mommy, I'm wearing my dark shoes and belt and a collared shirt and pants. Do I look like Daddy when he goes to work? I even have my scapular on like Daddy." He's the best Daddy I could ever ask for for my kids and I'm proud that they want to be like him. I thank God for him every day.

Thanks to everyone who was praying for us during and after Myra's passing. We appreciate all the kind words and outpouring of love. The funeral services were very nice and Myra was laid to rest in the St. Timothy Mausoleum at Queen of Heaven Cemetery in Mesa.

No comments:

Post a Comment