July 05, 2009

Ambrose Procedure on Monday Morning



Yes...Ambrose will have a G-tube placement surgery on Monday morning at 9am PST. The procedure will require him to be intubated again. We hope that he will be able to be weaned off the vent very quickly.

The only issue keeping him in the hospital now is his feeding issues. He is not able to bottle-feed all of his feedings and uses a pump for whatever milk he is not able to consume. He will, hopefully, be discharged within a couple weeks. He'll be on oxygen at 1/8 liter per minute and have a G-tube with a Mic-key button in place. He will probably also need a Pulse Oximeter. We'll be trained on the use of all these in the next week. Right now we're very concerned with the procedure and the idea of him being reintubated.

Ambrose looks very good now. He's awake most mornings and enjoys visitors. He really enjoys when we bring the other kids with us to the hospital. The chaos keeps him pretty occupied! He recognizes our faces and has even produced some smiles and cooing. You can bet we're really excited to get him home. We think he'll do much better in a home environment.

Please keep us all in your prayers, especially little Ambrose. It's a very stressful time, but I know everything will work out for the best. Also, since neither of us are able to support the family alone, we're desperately looking for a nanny to come watch the kids beginning in August. Gina has to return to work on August 10th (she hasn't worked since December). Let us know if you have any advice or connections or know of any agencies where we can hire a nanny.

Thanks for all the prayers and support. We're so close to discharge and we are really excited. The boys will be 5 months on Wednesday! Wow!

Ryan & Gina

2 comments:

  1. Gina and Ryan,
    I have kept you and the boys in my prayers. I have wanted to call you but I lost your number. I am glad things are going fairly well for the most part. If you would like to call me my new number is 602-413-1806 I miss all of you so much i hope to hear from you soon.
    With all my love and prayers,
    Patty Brennan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What part of Phoenix are you guys in right now? I'll check with my remaining Phoenix friends to see what resources they might have!

    ReplyDelete