January 20, 2009

I was relocated to the Perinatal High Risk Unit this morning. Yesterday afternoon around 4 I started bleeding pretty heavily, possibly due to a partial placental abruption. Both babies are fine and the bleeding has slowed significantly, but the Peri unit offers a higher degree of monitering for myself and the babies. Also, it is located right beside the OR in case the bleeding gets out of hand and a cesarian extraction becomes necessary. That would, of course, be for my sake because, at this point, the babies are still at a very high risk of severe prematurity. So please pray that the bleeding stays under control and the babies can stay where they are for a few more weeks.
In related news, I find it ironic that in Obama's
inaugural address he expressed the belief that, "our nation relies...[on] a parent's willingness to nurture a child" (paragraph 27), especially when he's already announced his plans to the contrary: "The first thing I'd do as President is sign the Freedom of Choice Act" (Barack Obama before Planned Parenthood Action Fund, July 17, 2007).
For more obirony, see also
Imagine the Potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment